Missouri Society of Pathology Has Been Reactivated!
posted: August 14, 2020
Apply for Membership
An organization dedicated to the practice of pathology in Missouri is especially vital in the present moment. A group of pathologists have come together from across the state to reactivate the Missouri Society of Pathology (MSP) and we invite you to renew your membership.
Benefits of MSP membership:
- Pathologists volunteered their time to make this happen — please support your fellow pathologists in this important endeavor
- MSP is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to advancing the practice of pathology in MO and advocating at the Capitol Hill on your behalf
- The Society is a voice for all pathologists in Missouri — no one else will speak on our behalf
- Pathology is a unique discipline but lacks due recognition from healthcare providers, insurers, and legislators in MO - MSP will advocate on your behalf
- We are looking to build our membership to include pathologists from all practice settings across the state — this will make our voice stronger
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP) has recognized the value membership in State pathology societies brings to our profession and is supporting our efforts
One example of the strong downwind all pathologists are facing, irrespective of their practice type, is the introduction in Missouri legislature of restrictions on out-of-network balance billing. This kind of public policy will adversely impact every pathologist who practices in Missouri, regardless of employment, practice, or compensation arrangement. MSP has actively lobbied in Missouri legislature on behalf of pathologists and needs to reignite these efforts, which need a large pool of members.
MSP is also focused on professional networking and development. An Annual Scientific Meeting is being planned for spring 2021. Leading pathologists will be invited to present new developments in the science and practice of pathology. A completely redesigned and updated website will provide MEMBER EXCLUSIVE tools for networking. I am also proposing a new resident & fellow section to help pathologists in training get involved in MSP activities and reach out to future employers.
I need your support as MSP begins this new chapter and renew or join the Missouri Society of Pathology. It is my sincere hope that you will join MSP today and support all pathologists in Missouri.
Chakshu Gupta, MD
President, Missouri Society of Pathologists